Last month Aaron and I took a 4 day trip to Charleston (sans-toddler! thanks grandma and grandpa!!) and it was a beautiful little getaway. My good friend Caitlin told me I would love it, and man, was she right!
Zero George was an ideal romantic hideaway. Nestled in the heart of Charleston, this historic property has an incredible restaurant, a charming sitting room, porches galore, and bikes to take out on the town. My favorite memory was riding bikes through the historic streets with the wind in our hair and dreaming of which house we’d choose to live in.
I’ve compiled a few things not to be missed if you’re headed to Charleston.
1. Raw 167 – The Ahi Poke and homemade chips are tops.
2. The Ordinary – Sit at the bar at happy hour, get the seafood tower and let the bartender school you in delicious Rhum cocktails.
3. Zero Cafe + Bar – Get the tasting menu! One of the most inventive and delicious meals I’ve ever had.
4. Hominy Grill – Fried Chicken and grits. Worth the wait.
5. Two Boroughs Larder – Get all the starters they have.
6. Xiao Bao Biscuit – I love the atmosphere of this converted gas station, great for lunch. Get the okonomiyaki.
7. Poogan’s Porch – Try the shrimp + grits. There’s a reason it’s the first photo on their website!
8. Cannon Green – The atmosphere is amazing. I loved the delightfully light and delicious crab cakes.
Shout outs to:
Elisa Bricker for snapping a few photos of my outfit at Zero George! It was awesome to spend some porch time with you, you talented woman.
Caroline for all the Charleston recommendations! You are the most lovely virtual tour guide – we would have been lost without you!
I’m already dreaming about the next time we can go back.