[iframe style=”border:none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/13024928/height/100/width//thumbnail/yes/render-playlist/no/theme/custom/tdest_id/680738/custom-color/4f5358″ height=”100″ width=”100%” scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen]
Do you remember how much you loved Dr. Therese Mascardo on episode 58 of the podcast “How to Marie Kondo Your Mental Health”? Because I do. And I loved having her on. So guess what? We got her back on the podcast for you! She is a psychologist and the founder of Exploring Therapy. This episode, we are chatting about imposter syndrome, because the imposter syndrome can be so real sometimes, you guys!
The 4 Elements of Imposter Syndrome
- Feelings of inadequacy;
- Second guessing yourself;
- Dismissing accomplishments and praise as luck, timing, or being deceptive;
- The thoughts you have lead to fear, anxiety, and perfectionism.
What Causes Imposter Syndrome?
- We all have insecurities, but our environment, culture, and upbringing can make those insecurities stronger in our minds.
- We aren’t seeing other people’s insecurities, so we think we are wrong for having them.
- “Imposter syndrome is created out of the things you tell yourself.”
#1 Thing To Do to Tackle Imposter Syndrome
- Identify your self talk and figure out what narratives need correction.
- “It’s not about succeeding 100% of the time, it’s just that you deserve as much of a chance, even if you fail.”
- “Those who are the first to do something often suffer from imposter syndrome the most.”
The Importance of Community
- “If you can receive criticism, you need to be open to receiving praise.”
- Listen to Lizzo— Dr. Therese’s orders!! It will seriously help you with self-talk.
- Join the Roundtable waitlist here.
- Check out Dr. Therese’s website and Instagram.
Did you know we have a Patreon page? Patreon is a platform that lets listeners financially support their favorite podcasts for as little as $5/mo. (That’s cheaper than a cup of NYC coffee y’all!) Head over to Patreon.com/therefinedcollective to see how you can support the podcast (and get some pretty awesome goodies as a thank you)! Another way you can support the podcast is by sharing with friends! Just copy this link and then paste into the group chat with your besties: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-refined-collective-podcast/id1348034641#episodeGuid=30c48f6a66bb4bfca88b0f6522037407
I want to say a very special THANK YOU to our new friends in our Patreon community: Meg Poore, Justice Barker, and Francesca Pittaluga! You are truly the reason we are able to invest so much of our time and resources into this podcast!
Single ladies— do you feel stuck, lonely, discouraged or frustrated by your dating life, or lack thereof? This is brought to you by my free guide called “6 Tips to Activate Your Dating Life with Intention and Clarity.” These resources propelled me from sitting on the couch to out on a date. Head over to Bit.ly/trwdating to check it out!