Hi, friends! Welcome back to The Refined Collective podcast—it is our final episode of the year! It’s a solo show so you bet there will be random singing and Beyoncé references! This week, I’m not asking the questions… YOU are. You guys sent in your questions about me, about dating, about taking things personal. This episode, I’m answering as many as I could fit into a single episode. You guys know how weird I feel about recording solo shows so please let me know your feedback and if you’d want to hear more of these types of episodes.
- How do you deal with unhealthy overthinking and constantly taking things personally?
- It’s important to let your community into your overthinking.
- When you find yourself taking something personally, think: “They have something coming up for them that has nothing to do with me.”
- How do I give space and patience towards my boyfriend who is struggling letting go completely from his past relationship?
- There’s an important conversation to be had here about recognizing emotional availability and standing in your worth.
- I’d love practical language on entering a conversation with a friend of mine who is a Christian and is dating a someone who is not.
- It’s important to check in with your own heart on what you afraid of happening in this situation.
- How long have you been a Christian?
- I went to a summer camp at 16 because all of the popular kids were going— but even from the very first night, this inexplicable thing ignited in my heart.
- This is not to say that there haven’t been hard moments—because there have.
- Highs and lows for 2019/What is your vision for 2020 and TRW?!
- My year started really painfully, but it gave me perspective to focus on spending the rest of the year enjoying time with the people I love.
- Biggest high of the year is very exciting: I signed with a publisher for my book!
- Best and worst date of 2019?
- Best: We went to a café, went hiking, and had a picnic. He kept surprising me!
- Worst: I liked a guy + thought we were on the same page until he went MIA.
If you are enjoying the podcast, I want to invite you to leave a rating and review on iTunes! We love hearing what your favorite episodes are and always welcome any general feedback! It also helps us be more visible in the iTunes world. If you want to leave a review but don’t know how, head over to @therefinedcollective on Instagram and find the “Review 101” under story highlights.