It’s been a summer, y’all. The Carters have released a joint album. But this week we’re focusing on a different power couple: Carmina and Qudduce. These two are newlyweds and founders of Camera Ready, a media coaching company. Quddus is a speaker who has been a host of TV shows like TRL and Access Hollywood. Carmina focuses on self-development and meaningful learning. I have been under their mentorship for several years now, and they have taught me so much. This episode we’re going to talk about love, self-development, and the masculine and feminine energy.
The Love Story
- They met at a party and she recognized him from their acting class. She walked right up to him and told him he should start showing up to class more.
- They were friends for years before they ever entered into a relationship. “I remember always finding comfort in your hugs and your smile.”
- The two went through phases of being single and taken and taken and single and the timing was never right. “The beautiful thing is that things change.”
- Carmina recalls a moment when Quddus was standing in front of her silently at a graduation from a program she was taking part in.
- “This is your husband. This is your soulmate. I felt it in my gut. It was the most certain thing I’ve felt in my entire life.”
- On a car ride to a retreat, Carmina confessed all of her feelings.
- Carmina began her self-development journey after getting out of an unhealthy relationship.
- She realized that she was in control of the bad in her life so she decided to change it to good.
- “It’s being able to take a look at our lives instead of constantly being in our lives.”
- Behavioral patterns form our identity. We are more flexible than we think, and mindset is a game-changer.
- Quddus was in a rut in his career and had a friend suggest a personal development class. Six months in, he found a breakthrough in work and in personal relationships.
Water & the Grand Canyon
- We talk a lot about masculine and feminine energy, something it took me a lot of time to really accept and understand.
- There is unhealthy and healthy feminine and masculine energy; it’s not a label for men and women, but rather types of energies.
- New York City has a masculine energy that is grasping, go-getting, and the hustle is real. Whereas a city like Los Angeles has a more feminine energy with flexibility, the ocean, nature and more space to be rather than do.
- In a new wave of feminism, it can be hard to recognize these energies, but it doesn’t have to be in conflict with it.
- Water is feminine and water created the Grand Canyon. It is a powerful force, but it is a different force. We would it look like to reclaim our feminine strength.
Finding Your Voice
- Camera Ready recognizes that the problems of the world get solved when people find their voices.
- The focus is on coaching people not on confidence, but on vulnerability, because that is what brings connection between speaker and listener.
- Public speaking is the number one fear for a lot of people. But don’t fear and excitement give us the same physical feeling- butterflies?
- “Anxiety is excitement that isn’t allowing itself to be expressed.”
Friends, it is time to reframe our attitude toward fear, energies, and personal development. I could talk with these two for days and days. I hope you love these two as much as I do and learn a bit from them. You can find them at Cameraready.co, @coachcarmina, @quddus, and @cameraready. Go connect with them!
This episode is brought to you by the free PDF guide called “Moving Through Fear.” It is full of resources that I hope will help guide you through rejecting the lies in your life and finding the truth.