Top 10 Kid’s Books!
I’m no expert on children’s literature — just a normal mom, and I like reading to my kid. I haven’t sought out lists on what kind of books I should be reading to make my child a genius or emotionally adept. I happen to think my friends are great moms, and a lot of these books were gifted to me by them, so that counts for something!
Without further ado, here’s my countdown to the best toddler book of all time. Or at least the top 10 of our life right now.
My criteria are:
– Level of enjoyment I have while reading it
– Level of enjoyment my child has while reading it
– Length (Not too long)
– Flow (I like books that rhyme!)
– Design (Bonus points for a good story AND good artwork)
– Re-read-ability (You won’t know how good or bad a book really is until your kid wants to read it every night for a week straight.)
10. I Want My Hat Back / Jon Klassen
9. Home / Carson Ellis
8. Where The Wild Things Are / Maurice Sendak
7. Go to Sleep, Little Farm / Mary Lyn Ray & Christopher Silas Neal
6. A Color of His Own / Leo Lionni
5. Olivia Saves the Circus / Ian Falconer
4. Mr. Tiger Goes Wild / Peter Brown **some of my favorite artwork
3. Rosie Revere, Engineer / Andre Beaty + David Roberts
2. Giraffes Can’t Dance / Giles Andreae + Guy Parker-Rees
1. Hug Machine / Scott Campbell
My top three were really hard to choose between! Ultimately Hug Machine won because of how much it makes my daughter laugh and how many times she has requested to read it.
What is your favorite kid’s book? I would love to get some new recommendations!